Thursday, April 22, 2010

Full Day in Paris #1


At the end of the day my pedometer read 30,463 and my feet were feeling the effects. This won't be a detailed post; more later. Here's a list of what I did yesterday:

  • Breakfast at Starbucks (coffee and pancakes with chocolate syrup)
  • Cruise on the River Seine
  • Power lunch of sandwich and salad eaten on the fly and on street bench
  • Rodin Museum & Gardens
  • Pantheon (Foucault Pendulum)
  • San Francisco Book Store (book in the Inspector Rebus series by Iain Rankin (set in Scotland and recommended by friend Karen Miller)
  • Montparnasse 360-degree Tour (56 stories high)
  • Dinner at Polidor restaurant nearby to hotel--a Rick Steves recommendation
  • Eiffel Tower at sunset
I've rescheduled my Paris Greeter walk that was to be Tuesday for this afternoon. I have a few things in mind to do--I'll leave plenty to experience on my next visit!

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a day! And 30,000+ steps - amazing. You are burning through Paris! I'm glad you get to have the greeter meeting after all. That's great. I'm going to look for that book in our library. Keep on truckin'!

    ReplyDelete